Abortion Cost IllinoisFREE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ON ABORTION IN Illinois
Abortion Cost Information Updated 10/10/2023
- Abortion Pill Cost: $360-$390
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical abortion pill cost in Illinois is $360-$390.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $850
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for suction abortion in Illinois is $850.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,500 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The cost for D&E abortion in Illinois can be up to $1,500 or more, depending on how far along you are.
Get information about abortion costs in Illinois, call 866-281-3029.
abortion restrictions in Illinois
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Abortion is banned at fetal viability, generally 24–26 weeks of pregnancy.
- Minors seeking an abortion must first provide notice of their intent to their parent or guardian before any abortion procedures may be performed.
- State Medicaid funds cover abortion.
- Private health insurance plans are required to cover abortion.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. The abortion cost in Illinois range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of procedure, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals. Call 866-281-3029 to get free and confidential help near you.
Care Net pregnancy centers in illinois
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.