Abortion Cost MarylandFREE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ON ABORTION IN MARYLAND
Do you need someone to talk to who can guide you through the costs and information about abortion and the options you have for your pregnancy in Maryland? One of our coaches stands by, ready to help you.
Abortion Cost Information Updated 4/5/2023
Abortion is legal in Maryland but with all of the recent and upcoming changes, it can be confusing.
- Abortion Pill Cost: $400-$580
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Maryland is $400-$580 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $400
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Maryland is around $400 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $400-$2,200
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Maryland is between $400-$2,200 or more, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in maryland
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Late abortions (abortions performed after 20 weeks of pregnancy) are currently banned in Maryland, but exceptions are made in cases where the pregnancy is putting the mother’s life or health at severe risk, or when the fetus has a lethal anomaly.
- Parents of minors who are seeking an abortion must be notified before any procedure can be performed. Exceptions are made in certain situations, such as where a notification would put the health or wellbeing of the minor in danger.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Call 866-406-9327, we can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options.
Care Net pregnancy centers in maryland
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.