Abortion Cost MichiganFREE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ON ABORTION IN Michigan
Abortion Cost Information Updated 10/10/2023
If you live in Michigan and you are considering abortion you are probably unsure what to do with the new abortion laws.
Talk to our coaches that clearly understand the abortion laws and what they mean for you. Call 866-406-9327, we can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options.
- Abortion Pill Cost: $500-$600
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical abortion pill cost in Michigan is $600-$700.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $500-$900
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for suction abortion in Michigan is $600-$900.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,500 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The cost for D&E abortion can be up to $1,500 or more, depending on how far along you are.
Get information about abortion costs in Michigan, call 866-406-9327.
abortion restrictions in Michigan
AS OF APRIL 5TH, 2023, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Abortion is banned at fetal viability, generally 24–26 weeks of pregnancy.
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state, followed by a 24 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Minors seeking an abortion must receive parental consent before an abortion can be performed.
- State Medicaid coverage of abortion care is banned except in very limited circumstances.
- Private insurance policies, insurance for public employees, and insurance policies obtained through the state’s health exchange only cover abortion in cases where the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy. Exceptions can be made by purchasing additional insurance riders.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Call 866-406-9327, we can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options.
Care Net pregnancy centers in michigan
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.