Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $500-$600
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Michigan is $500-$600 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $500-$900
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Michigan ranges from $500-$900 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,500 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Michigan can be up to $1,500 or more on average, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in michigan
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state, followed by a 24 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Minors seeking an abortion must receive parental consent before an abortion can be performed.
- Private insurance policies, insurance for public employees, and insurance policies obtained through the state’s health exchange only cover abortion in cases where the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy. Exceptions can be made by purchasing additional insurance riders.
- Public funding only covers abortions in cases of rape, incest, and when the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Abortions at or after viability are prohibited unless the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in michigan
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.