Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $600
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Mississippi is $600 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $650
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Mississippi is $650 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $725-$800+
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Mississippi starts around $725-$800 and increases in price the further along you are in your pregnancy.
abortion restrictions in mississippi
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state, followed by a 24 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Women must get an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and how far along they are in their pregnancy before getting an abortion.
- Minors seeking an abortion must first receive parental consent.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
- Public funding and insurance for public employees can only help cover the cost of an abortion in cases of rape, incest, fetal anomalies, or if the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Health coverage obtained through the state’s health exchange can only assist with the cost of abortion in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Abortions after 20 weeks LMP are prohibited unless the mother’s health or life is endangered by her pregnancy, or if the fetus has a lethal anomaly.
D&E abortions are only allowed to be performed in cases of life endangerment.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in mississippi
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.