Abortion Cost North CarolinaFREE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ON ABORTION IN NORTH CAROLINA
Do you need someone to talk to who can guide you through the costs and information about abortion and the options you have for your pregnancy in North Carolina? One of our coaches stands by, ready to help you.
Abortion Cost Information Updated 4/5/2023
If you live in North Carolina and you are considering abortion you are probably unsure what to do with the new abortion laws.
Talk to our coaches that clearly understand the abortion laws and what they mean for you. Call 866-406-9327, we can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options.
- Abortion Pill Cost: $360
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in North Carolina is $360 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $340
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in North Carolina is around $340 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $380-$1,400
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in North Carolina is between $380-$1,400 or more, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in north carolina
AS OF AUGUST 23RD, 2023, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Abortions performed at or after 12 weeks are prohibited except in very limited cases.
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state followed by a 72 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Women seeking an abortion can only receive the procedure from medical physicians.
- Minors seeking an abortion must first receive consent from a parent.
- State Medicaid will only assist with the cost of an abortion in very limited cases.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Call 866-406-9327, we can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options.
Care Net pregnancy centers in north carolina
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.