Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $360
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in North Carolina is $360 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $340
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in North Carolina is around $340 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $380-$1,400
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in North Carolina is between $380-$1,400 or more, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in north carolina
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state followed by a 72 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and how far along they are.
- Minors seeking an abortion must first receive consent from a parent.
- Public employee insurance, public funding, and insurance obtained through the state’s health exchange will only assist with the cost of an abortion in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
- Abortions performed at or after viability are prohibited except in cases where the mother’s life or health are endangered by the pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in north carolina
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.