Abortion Cost PennsylvaniaFREE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ON ABORTION IN Pennsylvania
Do you need someone to talk to who can guide you through the costs and information about abortion and the options you have for your pregnancy in Pennsylvania? One of our coaches stands by, ready to help you.
Abortion Cost Information Updated 11/1/2022
If you live in Pennsylvania and you are considering abortion you are probably unsure what to do with the new abortion laws.
Talk to our coaches that clearly understand the abortion laws and what they mean for you. Call 866-406-9327, we can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options.
- Abortion Pill Cost: $435
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Pennsylvania is $435 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $435-$475
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Pennsylvania starts around $435-$475.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $915-$955
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Pennsylvania is between $915-$955 or more.
abortion restrictions in pennsylvania
AS OF JANURAY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive information compiled by the State at least 24 hours before undergoing an abortion procedure.
- Insurance obtained through the state’s health exchange can only provide abortion cost assistance in cases or rape, incest, or where the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy. Exceptions can be made by purchasing additional insurance provisions.
- Public funding and insurance or public employees can only cover abortion costs in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Minors seeking an abortion must first receive parental consent before an abortion can be performed.
- Abortions performed at or after 24 weeks LMP are prohibited except in cases where the mother’s life or health are endangered by her pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals. Call 866-406-9327 to get free and confidential help near you.
Care Net pregnancy centers in pennsylvania
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.