Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $700
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Alabama is $700 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $600-$900
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Alabama ranges from $600-$900.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $700-$2,000
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Alabama is between $700-$2,000 or more.
abortion restrictions in alabama
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women’s Right to Know Act. This act requires women seeking an abortion to receive certain information compiled by the State at least 48 hours before initiating their procedure to ensure they are well-informed.
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive an ultrasound to determine how far along they are. Currently in Alabama, abortions can only be performed in the first 19 weeks of pregnancy. Abortions at 20 or more weeks are allowed only in cases where the mother’s life or health is severely endangered.
- Minors seeking abortions must have parental consent before an abortion can be performed.
- Health care plans and public funding in Alabama are prohibited from covering abortion except in cases of life endangerment, incest, and rape.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in alabama
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.