Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $620-$660
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Arizona is $620-$660, but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $640-$720
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Arizona is around $640-$720.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $780-$2,500
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Arizona is between $780-$2,500 or more, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in arizona
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must receive in-person counseling provided by the state, followed by a 24 waiting period to ensure they have time to make an informed decision.
- Women seeking an abortion must receive an ultrasound to confirm their pregnancy at least 24 hours before any procedures can be performed.
- Minors seeking an abortion must receive parental consent before any procedures can be performed.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
- Health care plans obtained through the Affordable Care Act and public employee insurance plans only cover abortion costs in cases where the mother’s life or health is severely compromised or endangered by the pregnancy.
- Abortions after viability (20 weeks of pregnancy) are banned unless the mother’s life or health is endangered by the pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in arizona
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.