Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $625
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Indiana is $625 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $500-$950
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Indiana ranges from $500-$950.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $650+
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Indiana starts around $650 and increases the further along you are in your pregnancy.
abortion restrictions in indiana
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state, followed by an 18 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Women seeking an abortion must receive an ultrasound to confirm their pregnancy and how far along they are before an abortion can be performed.
- Minors seeking an abortion must receive parental consent before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Public, private, and state health exchange insurance policies help cover the cost of abortions only in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life or health are endangered by the pregnancy. Exceptions can be made for those who purchase additional insurance provisions from providers who offer them.
- Telemedicine abortions are illegal after 10 weeks of pregnancy.
- Abortions at or after 22 weeks LMP are banned unless the mother’s life is endangered by the pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in indiana
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.