Abortion Cost IowaFREE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ON ABORTION IN IOWA
Do you need someone to talk to who can guide you through the costs and information about abortion and the options you have for your pregnancy in Iowa? One of our coaches stands by, ready to help you.
Abortion Cost Information Updated 4/5/2023
If you live in Iowa and you are considering abortion you are probably unsure what to do with the new abortion laws.
Talk to our coaches that clearly understand the abortion laws and what they mean for you. Call 866-406-9327, we can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options.
- Abortion Pill Cost: $535
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Iowa is $535 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $535
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Iowa ranges from $535 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,500 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Iowa can be up to $1,500 or more on average, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in iowa
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive an ultrasound to confirm their pregnancy and how far along they are.
- Minors seeking an abortion must notify their parent of their intent before any abortion procedure can be performed.
- Public funding can assist in the cost of an abortion solely in cases of rape, incest, fetal anomalies, and when the mother’s life or health is endangered by the pregnancy. The governor of Iowa must approve each instance of Medicaid-funded abortion.
- Abortions cannot be performed after 22 weeks LMP unless the mother’s life or health is endangered by the pregnancy.
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state, followed by a 24 hour waiting period.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Call 866-406-9327, we can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options.
Care Net pregnancy centers in iowa
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.