Abortion Cost KansasFREE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ON ABORTION IN KANSAS
Do you need someone to talk to who can guide you through the costs and information about abortion and the options you have for your pregnancy in Kansas? One of our coaches stands by, ready to help you.
Abortion Cost Information Updated 4/5/2023
If you live in Kansas and you are considering abortion you are probably unsure what to do with the new abortion laws. Talk to our coaches that clearly understand the abortion laws and what they mean for you.
- Abortion Pill Cost: $660-$815
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Kansas is $660-$815 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $500+
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The average cost in Kansas starts around $500 and increases in cost the further along you are.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,500 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Kansas can be up to $1,500 or more on average, depending on how far along you are.
Get information about abortion costs in Michigan, call 866-406-9327.
abortion restrictions in kansas
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state, followed by a 24 hour waiting period.
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive an ultrasound to confirm their pregnancy and how far along they are.
- Minors seeking an abortion must receive parental consent before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Private insurance policies, public employee insurance, and health care plans obtained through the state’s health exchange only cover abortion costs if the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy. Some exceptions can be made on private insurance policies for an additional cost.
- Public funding for abortions is only available in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
- Abortions after 22 weeks LMP are prohibited with the exception of cases where the mother’s life or health is endangered by her pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Call 866-406-9327, we can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options.
Care Net pregnancy centers in kansas
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.