Information updated 9/20/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $535
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Kentucky is $535 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $535
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Kentucky is around $535 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,500 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Kentucky can be up to $1,500 or more on average, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in kentucky
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state, followed by a 24 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive an ultrasound to confirm their pregnancy before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Minors seeking an abortion must receive parental consent before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Private insurance policies and health insurance obtained through the state’s health exchange only cover abortion costs in situations where the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy. Exceptions can be made for an additional fee.
- Insurance policies for public employees do not cover abortion costs.
- Public funding for abortion costs is only available in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
- Abortions after 22 weeks LMP are prohibited except in cases where the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in kentucky
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.