Information updated 9/20/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $475-$600
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Louisiana is $475-$600 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $600-$700
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The average cost in Louisiana ranges from $600-$700.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $700-$875
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Louisiana is between $700-$875 or more.
abortion restrictions in louisiana
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state, followed by a 24 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Minors seeking an abortion must receive parental consent before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive an ultrasound at least 24 before their scheduled abortion procedure to confirm their pregnancy and how far along they are.
- Health insurance obtained through the state’s health exchange may not cover the cost of an abortion.
- Public funding for abortion costs is only available in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
- Abortions after 22 weeks LMP are prohibited except in cases where the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy or if the fetus has a fatal anomaly.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in louisiana
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.