Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $535
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Nebraska is $535 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $535
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Nebraska is around $535 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,500 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Nebraska can be up to $1,500 or more on average, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in nebraska
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state, followed by a 24 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Minors seeking an abortion must first receive parental consent.
- Public and private insurance policies, as well as health care obtained through the state’s health exchange, can only provide coverage for abortions in situations where the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy. Exceptions can be made for public and private policies by purchasing additional coverage.
- Public funding can assist with abortion costs only in cases of rape, incest, and when the mother’s life or health is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
- Abortions performed at or after 22 weeks LMP are prohibited, except in cases where the pregnancy is endangering the mother’s life or health.
- D&E abortions are only allowed to be performed in cases of life or health endangerment.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in nebraska
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.