Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $650
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Ohio is $650 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $650
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Ohio is $650 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $800-$1,400
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Ohio is between $800-$1,400 or more.
abortion restrictions in ohio
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state followed by a 24 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and how far along they are.
- Minors seeking an abortion must first receive parental consent.
- Public insurance, public funding, and insurance obtained through the state’s health exchange can only assist with abortion costs in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Abortions at or after 22 weeks LMP are prohibited except in cases where the mother’s life or health endangered by her pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in ohio
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.