Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $550
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken until a fetal heartbeat is detected (typically 6 weeks pregnant) in Oklahoma. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Oklahoma is $550 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $550
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed until a fetal heartbeat is detected (typically 6 weeks pregnant) in Oklahoma. The cost in Oklahoma is $550 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: N/A
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) are usually performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. Under current Oklahoma law, abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected (typically 6 weeks pregnant) are banned except in cases where the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Oklahoma can be up to $1,500 or more, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in oklahoma
AS OF MAY 3RD, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state followed by a 72 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and how far along they are.
- Minors seeking an abortion must first notify their parent and receive consent before an abortion can be performed.
- Public and private insurance, as well as insurance obtained through the state’s health exchange can only provide abortion cost assistance in cases where the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy. Exceptions can be made by purchasing additional insurance provisions.
- Public funding is only available in cases of rape, incest, and when the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
- Abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected (typically 6 weeks pregnant) are prohibited except in cases where the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in oklahoma
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.