Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $535
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in South Carolina is $535 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $535
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in South Carolina starts around $535 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,500 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in South Carolina can be up to $1,500 or more on average, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in south carolina
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state followed by a 24 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Minors under the age of 17 must first receive parental consent; some exceptions can be made in specific cases.
- Public funding, public insurance, and insurance obtained through the state’s health exchange is limited to cases of rape, incest, and when the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Telemedicine abortion is prohibited.
- Abortions at or after 22 weeks LMP are prohibited except in cases where the mother’s life or health are endangered by her pregnancy or the presence of a lethal fetal anomaly.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in south carolina
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.