Abortion Cost South CarolinaFREE AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION ON ABORTION IN South Carolina
Do you need someone to talk to who can guide you through the costs and information about abortion and the options you have for your pregnancy in South Carolina? One of our coaches stands by, ready to help you.
Abortion Cost Information Updated 11/1/2022
If you live in South Carolina and you are considering abortion you are probably unsure what to do with the new abortion laws.
Talk to our coaches that clearly understand the abortion laws and what they mean for you. Call 866-406-9327, we can answer any questions you have and help you learn more about your options.
- Abortion Pill Cost: $535
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in South Carolina is $535 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $535
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in South Carolina starts around $535 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,500 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in South Carolina can be up to $1,500 or more on average, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in south carolina
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state followed by a 24 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Minors under the age of 17 must first receive parental consent; some exceptions can be made in specific cases.
- Public funding, public insurance, and insurance obtained through the state’s health exchange is limited to cases of rape, incest, and when the mother’s life is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Telemedicine abortion is prohibited.
- Abortions at or after 22 weeks LMP are prohibited except in cases where the mother’s life or health are endangered by her pregnancy or the presence of a lethal fetal anomaly.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals. Call 866-406-9327 to get free and confidential help near you.
Care Net pregnancy centers in south carolina
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.