Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $440-$680
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 6 weeks pregnant in Texas. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Texas is $440-$680 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $535
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed up to 6 weeks pregnant in Texas. The cost in Texas starts around $535 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,500 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is typically performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. Under current Texas laws, abortions after 6 weeks of pregnancy are banned except in cases where the mother’s life is endangered by the pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Texas can be up to $1,500 or more.
abortion restrictions in texas
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling and an ultrasound at least 24 hours before any abortion procedure can be performed.
- Minors seeking an abortion must first notify their parents and receive parental consent before any abortion procedure can be performed.
- Health plans obtained through the Affordable Care Act, private insurance policies, and public employee insurance policies only provide cost assistance for abortion in instances where the mother’s life or health is endangered by the pregnancy.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
- Public funding for abortions is only available in cases of incest, rape, and life endangerment.
- Abortions performed after 6 weeks of pregnancy are currently banned in Texas, but exceptions are made in cases where the pregnancy is putting the mother’s life or health at severe risk.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in texas
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.