Information updated 9/20/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $450
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Utah is $450 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $450-$550
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Utah ranges from $450-$550 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,500 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Utah can be up to $1,500 or more on average, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in utah
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state followed by a 72 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Minors seeking an abortion must first notify their parent and receive consent before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Public and private insurance policies, as well as insurance obtained through the state’s health exchange, only cover abortions in cases of rape, incest, lethal fetal anomalies, or when the mother’s health is endangered by her pregnancy.
- Public funding is only available in cases of rape, incest, or when the pregnancy is threatening the mother’s life or long-term health.
- Abortions at or after viability are prohibited except in cases of rape, incest, lethal fetal anomalies, or when the mother’s life or health are threatened by her pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in utah
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.