Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $495
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in West Virginia is $495 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $450+
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in West Virginia starts around $450 on average and increases the further along you are.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $1,200
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in West Virginia can be up to $1,200 or more on average, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in west virginia
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state followed by a 24 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Minors seeking an abortion must notify their parent of their intent before receiving an abortion.
- Public funding can only assist in covering the cost of an abortion in cases of rape, incest, fetal anomalies, or when the mother’s health or life are endangered by her pregnancy.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
- Abortions performed at or after 22 weeks LMP are prohibited except in cases where the mother’s life or health are endangered by her pregnancy.
- D&E abortions are allowed only when the mother’s life or health are endangered by her pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in west virginia
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.