Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $600
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Wisconsin is $600 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $575-$675+
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Wisconsin starts between $575-$675 and increases in price the further along you are.
- D&E Abortion Cost: Up to $2,600 or more
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Wisconsin can be up to $2,600 or more on average, depending on how far along you are.
abortion restrictions in wisconsin
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive counseling provided by the state followed by a 24 hour waiting period before any abortion procedures can be performed.
- Women seeking an abortion must first receive an ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy and how far along they are.
- Minors seeking an abortion must first receive parental consent; exceptions can be made in certain cases.
- Public funding, public insurance, and insurance obtained through the state’s health exchange can only provide assistance in covering the cost of an abortion in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life or health are endangered by her pregnancy.
- Telemedicine abortions are prohibited.
- Abortions at or after 22 weeks LMP are prohibited except in cases where the mother’s life or health are endangered by her pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in wisconsin
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.