Information updated 5/17/2022
- Abortion Pill Cost: $490-$560
Medication abortion also called the abortion pill, can be taken up to 10 weeks pregnant. The typical cost for the abortion pill in Colorado is $490-$560 but could be higher per provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $500-$600
Suction aspiration, also called suction curettage, or vacuum aspiration abortion, is performed between 5 to 12 weeks of pregnancy. The cost in Colorado ranges from $500-$600 on average.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $700-$2,200
D&E abortion (dilation and evacuation procedure) is performed between 9-20 weeks of pregnancy. The typical cost for D&E abortion in Colorado is between $700-$2,200 or more.
abortion restrictions in colorado
AS OF JANUARY 1ST, 2022, THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS WERE IN PLACE:
- Minors seeking an abortion must provide notification of their intent to their parent or guardian before any procedures can be performed.
- Insurance policies provided to public employees do not cover abortions.
- Public funding can only assist the cost of abortion in cases of rape, incest, or when the mother’s life is endangered by the pregnancy.
The price of medical (non-surgical) and surgical abortion procedures can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars. This range is based upon a number of factors, including stage of pregnancy, type of abortion procedure, where you live, and the type of anesthesia used. Price also varies by provider; clinics and private practice abortionists typically offer lower costs than hospitals.
Care Net pregnancy centers in colorado
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services or emergency contraception. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.